Worry-Free Travel Anywhere in the World
A benefit that connects employees and their families to powerful global emergency services whenever they travel.
Intermediary Insurance Services, Inc. now offers Assist America’s global emergency services for eligible members 24/7, anywhere in the world while traveling on business or pleasure, with no exclusions for pre-existing conditions, adventure sports or geographic risk. This service is automatically provided in conjunction with the placement of stop loss coverage through Companion Life Insurance Company.
Medical emergencies and other unexpected events can happen at anytime, and when they occur during travel to an unfamiliar place, the repercussions can be particularly difficult. This program provides peace of mind for a company’s employees and their families, knowing that a single phone call to Assist America can put into motion vast resources to handle any travel emergency, anywhere in the world. This peace of mind frees them to be less stressed and more productive.
What is Assist America?
Assist America is a provider of global emergency services whose philosophy is to ‘solve the problem,’ whether that means evacuating someone to appropriate healthcare, helping replace a prescription, assisting with language barriers or any other custom solution. The protection of Assist America becomes active when a member travels more than 100 miles from home or to another country. Services, which are fully paid by Assist America, include
- Medical consultation and referrals
- Medical evacuations
- Medical repatriations
- Prescription assistance
- Foreign hospital admission assistance
- Critical care monitoring
- Emergency message service
- Transport of friend or relative to join patient
- Care for minor children left unattended due to the medical incident
- Return of mortal remains
- Legal, interpreter, counseling referrals
- Much more!
The Assist America program benefits companies and their employees by:
- Alleviating the stress and moral obligation of caring for a sick or injured member away from home or the workplace—Assist America takes care of everything
- Providing protection and peace of mind for traveling employees, allowing them to focus on work and be more productive
- Guarding a company’s greatest assets, its employees, by ensuring they receive high quality medical care with pre-established medical protocol using the industry’s highest standards
- Eliminating large, unpredictable evacuation or repatriation expenses
- Building company morale by adding a popular benefit at no cost to members
- Working with the member’s health insurance when they are away from home
Assist America is not an insurance company and must arrange all services it provides. There are no caps, limits or charge-backs for any of these services.
For more information, please click below for a brochure.